The Prancing Pony

The Prancing Pony is an inn, far, far away, to the west from de Last Home, it is dedicated to talk about books, songs, films, plays, and every little thing you can consider as art.
Definitely, my little hobbits, the Prancing Pony is a window opened to the world, to the art and to the Soul...

viernes, 24 de septiembre de 2010

En la Oscuridad de una Sonata en el Árctico

Bueno, tras un breve descanso este verano reabro este blog como no podía ser de otra forma: con mi canción favorita, In the Dark, de Sonata Arctica. Tanto me gusta esta obra del más puro arte del amor que apenas sí soy capaz de describir en palabras lo que siento al escucharla, así que trataré de hacerlo lo mejor posible.
He aquí la letra de la canción:

I'm from where the magic is
I'll give you what I cannot take away with me
And my sunlit day and moon
I wanna have a silent kiss, I wanna make you mine,
I'm thinking how... can't leave me now
Stay with me somehow

You come from where the fire is, you give me what you couldn't burn the last time
One sunless day and moon
I wanna be so close to you, see whatever scars you carry within your broken heart,
Mine's your missing heart
Come with me, where the magic is, there's more than light we could share
We could join the sun and moon if you want to

Be my lifeline for this lifetime, suffer in pleasure forever and ever
I'd like to see how the walls around your heart will fall apart...
Stop resisting, let the light in, suffer in pleasure forever and ever
...for this one lifetime
Let me take you where the magic is, back in time,
Remember the light, of the cold December moon
I wanna have a silent kiss, I wanna make you mine,
I'm thinking you can't leave me now
Stay with me somehow
Stay with me somehow

Come with me where the magic is, there is more than light we can share
We could own the sun and moon
Be my lifeline for this lifetime, suffer in pleasure forever and ever
I'd like to see how the walls around your heart will fall apart..
Stop resisting, let the light in, suffer in pleasure forever and ever... for this one lifetime
Be my lifeline for this lifetime, suffer in pleasure forever and ever
Stop resisting let the light in... oh, oh... for this one lifetime
I am feeling your face in the dark
I'm hearing you breathe in the dark
I am tasting your lips in the dark
I'm holding you close in the dark
I'll take you where the magic is
I'll give you everything I only can offer
You can have my broken midnight moon
If you give me your broken heart
And I will give you something real and golden
We can make this life the finest art
I come from where the magic is
I'd give you what I could take away with me
And a sunlit day and moon
I wanna have a silent kiss I wanna make you mine,
I'm thinking how... can't leave me now
Stay with me somehow
I am feeling your face in the dark
I'm hearing you breathe in the dark
I am tasting your lips in the dark
I'm holding you close in the dark

Así que, bueno, la verdad es que no tengo palabras como ya dije antes. Se trata de una canción que no está incluida en los discos, pero que pertenece al último que el grupo ha creado, The Days of Grays. Digo que no está incluida en ninguno puesto que es un bonus track que cantaron nada menos que en Japón, pero es sin duda una de las mejores que han hecho (no sin apreciar, por supuesto, que este último disco es muy bueno en su conjunto).
En definitiva, se trata de una canción que deja sin aliento si la escuchas en el momento oportuno. Es la más pura expresión del "Te amo", del "Quiero estar contigo el resto de mi vida y me da igual cómo" y del "Te doy todo lo que tengo sin reservas". Sin duda una de las canciones más bonitas que he escuchado y ya no sólo por la letra, sino también por la música. La música aumenta de volumen en los momentos oportunos y desciende en los indicados, cambia de tono y de velocidad en los puntos en que quieren darle más emoción y lo consiguen, vaya si lo consiguen. Armoniosa y a la vez fuerte, melódica y dura, esta canción, en su sencillez, es una de las mayores obras de arte qeu se han creado en la historia del grupo, del género y me atrvería a decir que de la música en general.
Si aún no la habéis oído, en http://www.lorenamajere.blogspot.com/ tenéis un reproductor con "In the Dark" como segunda canción.
Saludos desde mi mundo, espero que os guste. o^^o

1 comentario:

  1. So preciousssssssss :) me encanta la letra jajajaa
    SAGITUS

    ResponderEliminar